Students who are pursuing Diploma and Certificate courses in Public universities, university colleges, public national polytechnics as well as Institutes of Technology and Technical Training institutes TVET country-wide are eligible for this loan and bursary from HELB.
Note also that Orphans, single parent students and others who come from poor backgrounds will be given priority for the loans and or these bursaries.
Requirements to qualify for the loan
- An applicant should access and fill the relevant TVET Loan & Bursary Application Form (TLAF) at the HELB website.
- Ensure to Print TWO copies of the duly filled Loan Application Form.
- One should have the TVET Loan Application Form signed and stamped by the Dean of Students/Financial Aid Officers.
- Ensure you retain one copy of the duly filled TLAF (Mandatory).
- Ensure that you drop the TLAF personally at the HELB students Service Centre on the Mezannine One, Anniversary Towers or any of the SELECT Huduma Centers nearest to you.
N/B Anyone meeting the eligibility criteria can apply for the loan. However, approval is not guaranteed, and some applicants might not get it. Instead, priority is given to needy and disadvantaged applicants such as orphans, single families, families experiencing financial hardships, etc.